Welcome to the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! We’ve gathered some of our favorite companies and blogger friends to share with you their best handmade gift ideas online. These gift ideas are great for the holidays but can be used all year long. Visit all the links in the hop, leave a comment, pin your favorites, and give the gift of handmade. Flagship Sponsor: Clearsnap, organized by Jennifer Priest.
Giving and receiving a handmade gift are the best kind of gifts, as they come from the heart. My Angelic Bezel Necklace is a handmade gift that I myself would love to receive. Making this angel bezel for the HandMade Holiday Blog Hop was easy using IceResin® and Spellbinders® bezels.
Supplies to make the necklace:
- Spellbinders®, A Gilded Life: Rose Medallion
- Spellbinders®, A Gilded Life: Beaded Rosary Chain 1
- Spellbinders®, A Gilded Life: Diamond & Pearl Vial
- Spellbinders®, A Gilded Life: Crown Circle Die #1
- ColorBox® Glitter, Winter Frost
- Die Cutting Machine
- Small Plastic Mixing Cup
- Wood Stir Stick
- Paper Sealer
- Bird Charm
- Etched Jumpring, 16mm
- Jumpring, 6mm (6)
- Jumpring, 4mm (4)
- Headpins (2)
- Lobster Clasp
- Angel Graphic
- Graphic Paper, Cream
- White Chunky Glitter
- Jeweler’s Cement
How I made this Angelic Bezel Necklace:
- Use the Crown Circle Die to cut out the cream graphic paper to fit inside the bezel. Cut out the angel graphic. Glue the angel graphic to the cream cut out using the paper seal. Seal both front and back of paper with paper sealer. Set aside to dry.
- Coat the inside bottom of the bezel with the paper sealer, then add graphics to the bezel. Press down with fingers and smooth out. Set aside to dry.
- Mix the IceResin® according to manufacture instructions. Use the wood stir stick to add resin to bezel. Sprinkle a small amount of white glitter into the bottom half of the bezel. Add a few pieces of the chunky glitter to the bezel. Remove any bubbles with a lighter. Set aside to cure.
- Use jeweler’s cement to glue the tiny rhinestones to the 7 settings on the bezel. Add a 6mm jumpring to the top ring on the bezel.
- Remove 1 pearl and 1 pink crystal bead from the rosary chain, Set aside. Separate the pearl chain into two equal sections. Add a 6mm jumpring to the last link on each section of chain.
- Add a 6mm jumpring to the bird charm. Load headpin with pearl bead (set aside from previous step). Trim and make a simple loop. Load pink bead onto another headpin, trim and make a simple loop. Open 4mm jumpring and add both bead dangles. Open 6mm jumpring and connect to 4mm jumpring.
- Open 16mm jumpring and add, in the following order: pearl strand, bird charm, bezel, bead dangles, and pearl strand. Close jumpring.
- Cut the pink chain into a 16” section. Open a 4mm jumpring and connect the end link of the pink chain to the end link on the pearl chain. Repeat for opposite side. Use a 4mm jumpring to connect the lobster clasp to the end of the chain. Add a 6mm jumpring to the opposite side. Your Angelic Bezel Necklace is now complete.
a Rafflecopter giveaway Thank you for visiting my blog today and I wish you luck on the drawing!