Leather and Turquoise Bracelet was published in Digital Beading Issue 4, in the “Get Your Cowgirl On” special section.
1 Brass 25mm Round Setting Antique Silver
1 Brass Fleur-de-Lis Charm Antique Silver
1 Brass Large Lobster Clasp Antique Silver
1 1 ½” Brass Headpins Antique Silver
1 Brass Jumprings 6mm Antique Silver
7”+2 links Large Round Link Chain Antique Silver
7”+6 links Large Oval Etched Link Chain Antique Silver
2 Clamshell crimp silver
Turquoise chip beads
Turquoise seed beads size 11/0
Flat nose pliers 2 sets
Round nose pliers
Instructions to make this Leather and Turquoise Bracelet:
To make Fleur-de-lis Charm:
1. Add turquoise seed beads to the inside of the 25mm setting. Fill setting with resin (of choice). Make sure the inside of the setting is entirely covered with seed beads. Set aside to dry according to manufacture instructions.
2. When resin is dry, snip off the ring on the fleur-de-Lis charm. Smooth any rough edges with file. Place fleur-de-lis charm in the center of the turquoise beads. Carefully pour resin over the top of charm. Make sure there are no bubbles and wipe off any resin that may drip down the side of the setting. Let dry.
1. String 7” of turquoise chip beads on stringing material (of choice). Use clamshell crimp on both ends of string to finish strand and hide end knot.
2. Using 1 Large round chain link as a jumpring, open link and add: 7” turquoise strand (by loop on clamshell), 7 “ Large Round link chain and 7” Oval Etched chain. Close Jumpring. Repeat for opposite end.
3. Take 2 links of Large Oval Etched chain and add to round jumpring in step #2. Add Lobster clasp to end of Jumpring.
4. On the other end of the bracelet, add 4 links of Large Oval Etched chain to jumpring in step #2. Load 2 turquoise chip beads on a 1 ½” headpin.
Make a wrapped loop. Open end link and add turquoise drop.
5. Weave scrap leather strip through Large Round link chain. Tie at the ends of links on each side of bracelet.
6. Open 6mm jumpring and then add Fleur-de-Lis turquoise charm. Add the charm to the center of the turquoise bead strand. Close jumpring.
The bracelet is now complete. The technique for the bezel can be applied to other designs, simple change the bead color and the charm to match your design theme.